Swervedriver Discussion Forums
Swervedriver Discussion Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Swervedriver / Toshack / Adam Franklin Discussions
 Guestbook
 Tour Dates Coming Soon

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bradsears Posted - 03/04/2008 : 07:19:43 AM
I just heard that some dates have been confirmed and information will come soon. I'll give more info when I get it.

Brad
50   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Swervedriver1971 Posted - 04/14/2008 : 1:51:48 PM
Anyone need a ride from LA to the SD show? I'm going solo as of now and could use help with the gas $.

Also, I have extra single day tickets for Coachella on Sunday (when SWD is playing) available at my cost $100 ea. Send me an e-mail.
rocket Posted - 03/27/2008 : 07:19:36 AM

That is so bad ass that Film School is opening for a handful of shows!

Damn - that would be killer to see!
boomer0127 Posted - 03/27/2008 : 05:44:35 AM
WE ARE GO FOR THE ATL!!!!!

Thursday June 5th at the Masquerade - Tix on sale march 28.

bradsears Posted - 03/26/2008 : 10:15:54 AM
I see a portland show on ticketmaster now too:

Tue, 05/27/08
09:00 PM Wonder Ballroom Portland, OR

Great news.
tfrommer Posted - 03/25/2008 : 3:08:12 PM
Seattle show details just announced:

Monday May 26
Neumo's
Tickets onsale this Friday, 28 March
$15
no support act named
Peach Posted - 03/19/2008 : 2:46:27 PM
Ticketmaster has a listing for June 3rd at Emo's in Austin, tickets go on sale 3/28/08 at noon. Today I got email saying my tickets for Bowery and Music Hall had been printed. Now I'd like Chicago and other midwest dates to plan for, but my philosophy is, if the band doesn't come to you, you must go to the band.
joedive Posted - 03/14/2008 : 11:31:14 AM
Wow, I can't even believe it. I just hope they make a stop in Portland, OR. A lot of Swervie fans out here. Would be incredible to see them live again.
boomer0127 Posted - 03/14/2008 : 09:30:51 AM
quote:
[i]Originally posted by jamesg[/i]
[br]You guys are going to trip the f#$* out when you find out how "southern" I am. haha. Country gone to town baby!

Yeah, that was us in Manhattan last friday night - lucky we bought a day pass for the transit system. We were that couple that they made the transit sign for "To go other direction, leave the train station, cross the street and enter station on other side of street."

Snail Posted - 03/13/2008 : 9:41:25 PM
you sound stoked G! Good onya..so you should be
jamesg Posted - 03/13/2008 : 5:09:14 PM
Just got my tickets for the NY shows... I feel a little better now. You guys are going to trip the f#$* out when you find out how "southern" I am. haha. Country gone to town baby!
mike1174 Posted - 03/12/2008 : 10:50:01 AM
just curious... are there going to be any opening bands at the 3 shows?
chevega Posted - 03/11/2008 : 6:48:00 PM
yeah, LA to NY in less than two weeks doesn't bode well for an extensive tour.

we can only hope.
jonsojka Posted - 03/11/2008 : 5:55:00 PM
Good God Thank You! Swervedriver, dont even think about skipping BOSTON, Massachusetts, New England. (we're not Americans, we're New Englanders)

THANKS!!!
Torc Posted - 03/11/2008 : 1:05:38 PM
So...May 31st, then June 11th on the other side of the country? I hope this is just a warmup for the full tour. Otherwise it's going to be about five dates of playing in 10 days of driving.

Anybody have any info about other west coast dates? I plan on scheduling my vacation around the tour and following the band around for a few shows.
bradsears Posted - 03/11/2008 : 11:21:28 AM
I'm staying at a friend's apartment. I'd shoot for a place close to a venue like the Bowery hotel. I have no idea what it is like but how bad can it be?
boomer0127 Posted - 03/11/2008 : 11:05:21 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna try to schedule some interviews up there around the time of the shows. See if my lab can't pay the travel bill. Sweeeeet. These shows even close to selling out?
jamesg Posted - 03/11/2008 : 10:29:18 AM
I think its time to seriously talk the wife into a trip to NY for this since there are going to be so many board folks there... and still no other dates to be heard of.

You guys already booked rooms somewhere? Shoot me a mail because I have no idea where a good place to stay is (outside of reviews).
roarvis Posted - 03/11/2008 : 10:14:20 AM
RE: Ticketbastard

I know...I have a feeling I'm gonna be spending quite a bit of cash on this tour, but it'll be worth it. Just got my L.A. tickets, and I'm also planning to buy tickets if they play in Cleveland.
darshun Posted - 03/11/2008 : 09:36:46 AM
quote:
[i]Originally posted by dclee[/i]
[br]Bought my tickets on Saturday for the LA show. Never been this excited for a show before. Never been to the Henry Fonda Theater.

Henry Fonda theater is great, saw mars volta during the 1st album! That was awesome!!!

FUCK, I HATE TICKETBASTARD!!! $18 TICKET COMES OUT TO $33!!! GOOD GRIEF, CHARLIE BROWN!!!
Eugene Posted - 03/11/2008 : 04:30:09 AM
I'm gonna plan on NYC. Like Brad...look for me. I'll be easy to spot...the oldest guy in the crowd.
crozarey Posted - 03/11/2008 : 12:41:32 AM
Roscoe must be up for the award for longest distance travelled to see them so far.

At least you guys are assured of gigs in your hemisphere... COME TO AUSTRALIA!
Jeronimo Posted - 03/10/2008 : 4:44:12 PM
Milwaukee I can do,beyond that I'll have to take a kick in the nuts. Come on Milwaukee!!!!!!!!
interloper Posted - 03/10/2008 : 3:34:43 PM
Ohio dates, Ohio dates, Ohio dates....

Come on god, do me this one square.
dclee Posted - 03/10/2008 : 1:23:43 PM
Bought my tickets on Saturday for the LA show. Never been this excited for a show before. Never been to the Henry Fonda Theater.
Jeronimo Posted - 03/10/2008 : 07:04:16 AM
I'm in a bloody tight spot. I'm far removed from any big cities. Which for the most part is awesome. But, it sucks for seeing bands and doing cool urban things. I hope Adam and the gang like fishing,hiking,and camping we have plenty of that.

ARGH!
stef Posted - 03/10/2008 : 02:47:11 AM
Roscoe:
I like the dedication dude
Swervedriver1971 Posted - 03/10/2008 : 02:00:52 AM
I've found that many people I've met and talked to at various shows and bars in Hollywood, both in the music industry and out, have heard of Swervedriver and like them... hell... I just remembered Rodney on the Rock (KROQ dj) put me on the guest list for one of their last shows in L.A. just for calling his Sunday night radio show when he was about to give away some passes and HE spoke highly of them. Totally blew me away hearing Swervedriver being mentioned on the radio.

Anyway, my experience with L.A. shows at small venues with loved bands like Swervedriver is that they will sell out but not right away. I'm not sure why exactly but I have a theory:

Unlike NYC for example, L.A.'s (and SoCal in generalís) population is spread out over a much larger area so:

* Attendance decisions involving travel and work nights tend to weigh more heavily for semi-fans and delay the decision to buy tickets

* Sometimes if you purchase your shows via Ticketbastard there's no option to have your tickets mailed to you for free- only will-call or pay through the nose for UPS (as with this show.) The risk for a less-than-rabid fan that lives like 40 miles away is that something may come up and they would have to eat the tix because of will-call policies (buyer must show up with ID and credit card.)

I recently got burned for $105 when my car broke down and my date cancelled at the last second for the BRMC/Jesus n Mary Chain show at the Wiltern a few months ago.

However, I WILL see the SWERVIES if I have to ride my rusty schwinn beach cruiser with the chain that keeps falling off 28 miles from my house to Hollywood!
Doctor Detroit Posted - 03/10/2008 : 01:46:02 AM
Hopefully the tour will swerve into the Motor City, but Detroit is another city that is often skipped by good bands.
marvinparand Posted - 03/09/2008 : 9:14:56 PM
Dude, I'm sorry, but there are 9 million plus people in LA. I'm sure a lot of those people, and folks who live in the surrounding suburban and other nearby urban areas, have heard of Swervedriver and will show up. This is no small reunion tour by some obscure band that put out two 7"s in 1989.

Why do you think Swervedriver are announcing these dates in THE TWO major cities on the east and west coasts respectively and are selling tickets to those shows without even announcing anything else? Because they are an indication of the interest that the rest of the country will show for a Swervedriver reunion and probably dictate whether other dates even happen and where those dates occur. Consider yourself lucky that you live in a place that is getting a date within 6 hours of where you live, let alone in the city where you reside. People in LA know who Swervedriver are and will show up (and from other places far from LA too)... and the show will very likely sell out.
roscoe_p_coltrane Posted - 03/09/2008 : 1:46:23 PM
the alarm worked....got my tickets and am flying from london for a long weekend, and look forward to seeing LA for the first time, and of course seeing swervedriver for the first time in 10 yrs. it really doesn't get a lot better does it? brad reckons he'll be the cutest canadian in the audience. i'll be the chubbiest brit. say hello. roscoe.
gstraniere Posted - 03/09/2008 : 1:07:57 PM
re: how many people know 'em in LA; well, at all the adam shows i've been to over the years, a lot of people seem to come out (fais do-do; a dj set @ beauty bar; spaceland; the echo; etc.) i think the fonda's gonna be packed by showtime - i really dig this venue, too! i just cannot wait!!!
roarvis Posted - 03/08/2008 : 11:27:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by marvinparand

Why do people who like Swervedriver talk about them like they are the most obscure band ever, and especially that nobody knows who they are in a city like LA? Thats pure silliness.

Silliness? I've lived in L.A. for eight years, and have been met with countless blank stares when I mention Swervedriver to both musicians and music fans.

Obviously there are a lot of huge SWD fans in every town, and L.A. is no exception. But it's a bit naive to assume that they will sell out a venue just because we love them.

For the record, I hope they do sell out the Fonda (after I get my tickets, of course).
darshun Posted - 03/08/2008 : 4:13:46 PM
HALLELEUJAH!!! THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!!
mike1174 Posted - 03/08/2008 : 3:01:48 PM
what a great day! just ordered the tickets... never been to hollywood, but this is sure a great reason to go! can't wait! living in NJ, of course, I order the NY shows as well :)

I just wished they released all the shows together... but, thats ok!
gstraniere Posted - 03/08/2008 : 10:51:17 AM
got my LA tix this morn! yes! was it back in '92 already when i saw 'em @ the whisky?! can't remember the year exactly... can't wait for 31 may to get here this time!!!
marvinparand Posted - 03/08/2008 : 09:18:28 AM
Why do people who like Swervedriver talk about them like they are the most obscure band ever, and especially that nobody knows who they are in a city like LA? Thats pure silliness.

Anyways, hoping for a Pittsburgh show but expecting something in the likes of Cleveland.
roscoe_p_coltrane Posted - 03/07/2008 : 10:58:49 PM
thanks roarvis. i've set my alarm anyway so I don't forget.
roarvis Posted - 03/07/2008 : 4:33:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by roscoe_p_coltrane

YAY! i've booked flights to LA and a hotel. Does anybody know the size of the venue and the likelihood of getting tickets when they go on sale?

I don't see the Henry Fonda selling out for Swervedriver. Not sure how many it seats, but it's pretty big. And I don't think there's that many people in L.A. that know about Swervedriver...but I guess we'll find out.

I'm fucking excited!
jamesg Posted - 03/07/2008 : 11:01:30 AM
denaadams: Shoot me a mail and I can fix you up with a set of disks. Admittedly I've been a bit lax lately about updating the site and burning disks. You are only a stones throw from me too... I work/live just south of Charlotte.

I'm sitting here kicking myself for not having bought tickets yet but I'm holding on to hope that I can fit in more than 2 shows. Please guys let us know a listing of confirmed dates????
sparksneon Posted - 03/07/2008 : 09:42:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by bradsears

I just bought tickets for the two NYC shows.

If you guys want to meet me I'll be the best looking guy there so just walk up and say "You're the best looking guy here." and I'll say, "Well I am Brad Sears you know.".

Let's be fair and say best-looking Canadian in the audience.

These gigs will be outrageous.
bradsears Posted - 03/07/2008 : 09:12:07 AM
I just bought tickets for the two NYC shows.

If you guys want to meet me I'll be the best looking guy there so just walk up and say "You're the best looking guy here." and I'll say, "Well I am Brad Sears you know.".
denaadams Posted - 03/07/2008 : 09:04:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by jamesg

Arghhh. I wish they could get the entire listing out at once! :( Hard to plan to follow them for a bit like this.

I checked out this projectswerve.org link you had on your post and wow very cool. But how do you actually view the shows that have been completed? Could only view a jpg. picture of the artwork of the show.

By the way - REALLY hope there are some dates in the South - North Carolina would be a bonus (where I live), but Atlanta is only 4 hours away too!

interloper Posted - 03/06/2008 : 1:31:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by chevega

they'll surely skip pittsburgh. everybody skips pittsburgh. there's some bullshit with entertainment tax or something like that here. plus there's no good venues. and the local promoters are assholes.

loper, if they come to your world i may just have to make a journey out your way.

Oh they HAVE to hit at least Clevo or Cincy. Might just be Chicago though. I don't know. We'll have to see how it pans out I guess. If not, my back yard would be sufficient. You hear that, lurking band members?
roscoe_p_coltrane Posted - 03/06/2008 : 12:09:23 PM
YAY! i've booked flights to LA and a hotel. Does anybody know the size of the venue and the likelihood of getting tickets when they go on sale?
chevega Posted - 03/06/2008 : 10:45:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by jamesg

Arghhh. I wish they could get the entire listing out at once! :( Hard to plan to follow them for a bit like this.

Exactly! Help us out here, boys!
Pocon Posted - 03/06/2008 : 09:53:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by bradsears

You beat me to it. There is a Toronto date as well that I hope will be confirmed soon.

Toronto ama a los Swervies!!!:D I'm absolutely dumbfounded in happiness as a result of this news!

I can't wait for further details
jamesg Posted - 03/06/2008 : 09:41:21 AM
sparksneon Posted - 03/06/2008 : 09:35:23 AM
NYC dates are on sale tomorrow at noon.

Bowery Ballroom is a great venue with better acoustics than most, IMO.
Music Hall of Williamsburg is O.K., but not stellar.

Too bad the shows are on "school nights" but I'll call in sick the following days if I have to.
chevega Posted - 03/06/2008 : 07:45:25 AM
they'll surely skip pittsburgh. everybody skips pittsburgh. there's some bullshit with entertainment tax or something like that here. plus there's no good venues. and the local promoters are assholes.

loper, if they come to your world i may just have to make a journey out your way.
bradsears Posted - 03/06/2008 : 07:12:12 AM
I just got an email about a listing in LA

Swervedriver

Saturday, May 31

The Music Box @ Fonda
Los Angeles, CA

ON SALE
SATURDAY @ 10 AM!

Swervedriver Discussion Forums © swervedriver Go To Top Of Page
thispagewasswervedrivenin0.08seconds. Snitz Forums 2000