Swervedriver Discussion Forums
Swervedriver Discussion Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Swervedriver / Toshack / Adam Franklin Discussions
 Guestbook
 Another New Jazzmaster Model....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Strudelhead Posted - 09/18/2010 : 09:22:45 AM
Single coil neck and a humbucking bridge, affordable !! Why not make a less expensive version of the AVR ????

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?section=guitars&series=Blacktop
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tangles Posted - 10/20/2010 : 7:03:03 PM
Here's a very nice US Model. Sorry couldn,t resist.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fender-Jazzmaster-Sunburst-1961-PRE-L-SERIES-/220662975400?pt=AU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item336089cba8

bazza Posted - 10/01/2010 : 2:32:41 PM
I have a Jap Jazzmaster with updated pups and bridge. Lovely guitar, wouldn't sell it for the world, unless I come across an amazing US model...
Tangles Posted - 09/30/2010 : 10:05:04 PM
Similar Build Spec to the MIM player special, 9.5mm neck radius & the trem is closer to the bridge. The first Jazzmaster with a bullet truss(head end), which saves pulling the neck off for an adjustment.
Still don,t think I,d buy one though. Just buy the AVRI. Though expensive, you get what you pay for(almost). I bought a second hand AVRI in NOS condition a couple of years ago. Still had to shim the neck to get a decent break angle on the bridge, but now it plays beautifully with none of the much mentioned rattles. You could consider the Japanese models. They are really well made. As previously mentioned. the 67 RI looks so cool with Bindings & block inlays(Why Fender US Doesn,t make these, I don,t know). The only differences with the Japanes models are:

The pickups aren,t true JM,s, rather more like a strat single coil under a JM Plate.

Electronics & pots in general are inferior.

THe finish is not Nitrocellulose(Lets the timbers timbre through)
but standard acrylic laq. Some prefer this as it is harder wearing.

The notches in the bridge saddles are more shallow, allowing for the string to jump(a neck smim might sort this).

By the time you upgrade your Jap Jazzmaster, you might as well have brought an AVRI.

AVRI,s hold their value better, not that I would ever sell mine. You would have to pry it from my Cold Dead Hands.

If you like playing guitar many hour per week, like I do, & will do so for many years to come, a couple of grand for a decent guitar & the same for a good amp seems like an inexpensive investment for a lifetime hobby/Interest.

zed Posted - 09/18/2010 : 6:29:54 PM
Wow, that's a pretty neat guitar for the price. Didn't know they were doing those Sonic Youth and Elvis Costello Jazzmasters either. The Elvis one looks like one of the nicest guitars Fender has made in years.

Another cool JM is the one made for the Japanese market, that you have to buy in Japan. Affordable, and with block inlays like a '67, and seemingly as nice as the American Standard one.

Swervedriver Discussion Forums © swervedriver Go To Top Of Page
thispagewasswervedrivenin0.05seconds. Snitz Forums 2000