New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jamesg

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  11:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Folks,

Thanks to a tip from a swervie operative in Japan (thanks Kaku!) we have info on the forthcoming DVD release.

CSDDVD 1303
COBRASIDE
0829707913396 SWERVEDRIVER - LIVE IN SYDNEY
Limited 80 minute DVD captures Adam Franklin and the guys live at the Sydney Metro on February 18th, 2011. Mini-jacket, side-load pocket, Region 0, NTSC.

TRACKLISTING: 01. SCI FLYER (6:24) 02. SCRAWL & SCREAM (3:35) 03. DUEL (6:16) 04. THE BIRDS (3:16) 05. DEEP SEAT (6:01) 06. JUST SOMETIMES (4:07) 07. RAVE DOWN (5:10) 08. HANDS (3:23) 09. CYLINDER HEAD (3:52) 10. THESE TIMES (3:30) 11. PILE-UP (3:50) 12. SUNSET (5:16) 13. OUT (3:31) 14. SANDBLASTED (5:02) 15. SON OF MUSTANG FORD (4:35) 16. DURESS (12:22)

Insound.com has the item up now for pre-order here:
http://www.insound.com/Live-in-Sydney-DVD-Swervedriver/P/INS105354/

Don't forget to check out their other nifty offerings with a few posters and other bits! Load up the carts and rock!!!!

jamesg

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  11:57:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh and just to be sure I shot a quick email to the website content manager and the listing is valid and active, just ordered mine!
Go to Top of Page

bazza
Swervelette

Ireland
35 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  07:40:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just pre ordered mine, bit of a bummer that shipping will cost me more than the dvd, but there you go........
Go to Top of Page

bradsears
Forum Admin

Canada
1331 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  08:58:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit bradsears's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good work finding this. Kaku is a very dedicated fan. He made the trip to see a few BoM shows a few years ago.

Adam's 'All Happening Now' 36 songs project
http://adamfranklin.bandcamp.com/album/all-happening-now-disc-one
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/all-happening-now-1/id906424105

New Swervedriver music
http://swervedriver.bandcamp.com
http://tym-records.com/blog/2013/8/20/tym014-swervedriver

AF & BofM Band Camp - http://adamfranklin.bandcamp.com/
Adam Franklin Sound Cloud - https://soundcloud.com/adam-franklin
Twittter - https://twitter.com/SwervedriverUK
https://twitter.com/AFBoltsofMelody
Go to Top of Page

Pmason
Swervelette

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  07:46:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FYI - Folks were saying that this DVD wasn't yet being offered with the merch at recent shows, but I'm happy to say that it was spotted, and purchased, at the Chicago gig last night.

Hopefully, they're around for those who are catching future shows in the coming days.

I've only cracked into about 5 seconds of it while at work, and the footage looks great!
Go to Top of Page

jamesg

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  09:06:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pmason can you tell what the native screen resolution is on it? Hoping its pretty high res wide screen.
Go to Top of Page

Pmason
Swervelette

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  11:38:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James - I'm disappointed to inform you that I have neither the technical expertise nor access to even modestly sophisticated DVD software to give you a response to this question.

I do know that when I put the DVD into my work laptop, through the magic of technology the band appears on my screen and plans very pretty music!

I'm sorry. I'll let you know how it looks in a proper DVD player at home, later.

quote:
Originally posted by jamesg

pmason can you tell what the native screen resolution is on it? Hoping its pretty high res wide screen.

Go to Top of Page

sammynb
Passenger

Australia
72 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  02:57:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

James, being a DVD of a 1 hour + show it can only be SD at best but from my experience at the Metro theatre in Sydney, the guys at Moshcam, who shot the show, would have originally shot it as a 1024 x 576 (16:9) digital betacam master.
Go to Top of Page

jamesg

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  08:19:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arghh. Yea I know that the media size dictates the type of video that it can be used for. As long as its widescreen formatted!

The fallon show stuff has me wishing that it was all full hd but I'll still be a super happy swervie when this gem shows up in the mail.
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  08:27:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When is the release date of the dvd?? Has anybody gotten it in the mail? Insound has "expect to ship befor April 3" I also found it on seeofsound.com and they have a release date of 06/19/12..
Go to Top of Page

alternapop
Swervelette

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  10:57:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit alternapop's Homepage  Send alternapop an AOL message  Send alternapop a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
how cool would it be to have a multi track video dvd where you can choose your own video angles at any time? so depending on your interest, you could focus on the drums, guitar 1, guitar 2, full band, etc. i can only dream.

i'm going to the sf show tonight and will pick up this sydney dvd if it's for sale.

alternapop.com
Go to Top of Page

sammynb
Passenger

Australia
72 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2012 :  5:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Arghh. Yea I know that the media size dictates the type of video that it can be used for. As long as its widescreen formatted!

The fallon show stuff has me wishing that it was all full hd but I'll still be a super happy swervie when this gem shows up in the mail.

Well if you knew the media format dictates the quality of video, why did you ask the what "the native screen resolution" is???
Did you not watch the stream? It was widescreen (which is actually referred to as aspect ratio not screen resolution), so it's not as if they were going to release it as a 4:3 centre cut version on DVD!
Go to Top of Page

alternapop
Swervelette

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  09:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit alternapop's Homepage  Send alternapop an AOL message  Send alternapop a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i bought the dvd at the sf show on friday night. i watched the first few songs on it on saturday morning. it's a very bare bones dvd with no menu or way to easily jump from song to song. you just pop it in and it plays... that's it.

they probably could've found a fan, like me, to volunteer to do that in DVD Studio Pro.

alternapop.com
Go to Top of Page

aaaron
Swervelette

37 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  10:29:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought it at the awesome portland show. $10 - good deal. Sound is good. My only complaint is that the video quality looks just like webcast quality. That's not to say it's crap -- it's high webcast quality -- but it's not top notch dvd quality. It's cool, I'm happy to have it, but I'm not sure it's much better than what you can stream from the site.
Go to Top of Page

jamesg

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  10:04:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sammynb

quote:

Well if you knew the media format dictates the quality of video, why did you ask the what "the native screen resolution" is???
Did you not watch the stream? It was widescreen (which is actually referred to as aspect ratio not screen resolution), so it's not as if they were going to release it as a 4:3 centre cut version on DVD!

sammynb: Absolutely valid question, wish I knew the answer. Who knows what type of state I might have been in when I posed the original question as I've been on holiday for the past week. I'm just happy to have a physical copy at this point.
Its too bad it doesn't have any proper chapters or menus but at the same time they have released it at such a low price! Hopefully the PS3 can upscale the hell out of it for me. :)
Go to Top of Page

whitewatersky
Driving Instructor

Australia
573 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  8:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit whitewatersky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah, i'm stoked about the availability of this...

to be honest, it'd be hard to predict if the quality would be noticeably better, but given that it's was shot with big fancy cameras, it's a pity it's not on Blu-Ray,

That's presuming I can believe what little bit i've learnt about quality loos on DVD vs Blu-Ray...

I wonder how they got this made. I intro'd the Moshcam team to my friends' band and they shot them in Sydney when they toured Oz.
we got a copy of the show on DVD to decide whether to release it and it is totally pro-shot - WAY better than the internet feed.

seems weird if the quality ain't up to snuff....

oink

Edited by - whitewatersky on 04/09/2012 8:44:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

kingtubby
Passenger

66 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2012 :  07:26:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got an email from Insound saying that my dvd order has been processed. I'm not sure what that means, since it didn't say "shipped," yet I ordered the dvd two weeks ago. Anyone get theirs yet?
Go to Top of Page

Strudelhead
Assistant Driver

USA
456 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2012 :  08:56:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got the same emai....usually if your credit card get's charged, they have your item in stock and is being readied to ship ...

"It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations." W. Churchill

Go to Top of Page

jamesg

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2012 :  09:30:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
horrah! Just got mine as well.
Go to Top of Page

aaaron
Swervelette

37 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2012 :  5:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitewatersky

I wonder how they got this made. I intro'd the Moshcam team to my friends' band and they shot them in Sydney when they toured Oz.
we got a copy of the show on DVD to decide whether to release it and it is totally pro-shot - WAY better than the internet feed.

seems weird if the quality ain't up to snuff....

now that you have it, what do you guys think? Definitely looks like they used the internet-optimized version of the video rather than the uncompressed version to me. I'm seeing vertical striping and blockiness. Yes, blu-ray is higher quality but this isn't full dvd quality. Again, very glad to have it, just letting folks know.
Go to Top of Page

sammynb
Passenger

Australia
72 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  01:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aaaron
now that you have it, what do you guys think? Definitely looks like they used the internet-optimized version of the video rather than the uncompressed version to me. I'm seeing vertical striping and blockiness. Yes, blu-ray is higher quality but this isn't full dvd quality. Again, very glad to have it, just letting folks know.

Mine arrived by UPS this morning, two days after being shipped from NY it's in Sydney, nice to get what one pays for with shipping.
Had a watch of it this afternoon and it's definitely not even broadcast SD digital video quality, which is what it was shot on.
It's been authored straight from moshcam streamed file, watch it on your computer and you can see the size of the default viewer it opens.

There is no doubt it's great to have, it's just a shame someone didn't spend a few hours cleaning up the beginning, chaptering it and encoding it to a decent resolution off the master tape.

Edited by - sammynb on 04/19/2012 01:14:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sandblasteduk
Swervelette

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  5:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My two copies of this arrived today! why two copies! cos i wanted to appear even more smug than Jimmy Fallon upon holding them :D

Not going down in a ball of fire just because the wings wont reach any higher.
Go to Top of Page

p.chada
Swervelette

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2012 :  10:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit p.chada's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hmm that sounds very interesting. I would like to order a few i live in victoria , let me know how you can post them to melbourne.

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/
Go to Top of Page

whitewatersky
Driving Instructor

Australia
573 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  6:52:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit whitewatersky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hope they'll have a copy at the sydney show.
i'll buy it there (even tho i filmed the same show....)

oink
Go to Top of Page

whitewatersky
Driving Instructor

Australia
573 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  04:26:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit whitewatersky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wonder if this'll be in any shops in the USA - I'll be over there in a month

oink
Go to Top of Page

whitewatersky
Driving Instructor

Australia
573 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  10:26:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit whitewatersky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey there, did anyone get a copy of the DVD made by MOSHCAM ?
I missed it
was watching it last night and realised I forgot to buy a copy...
i've tried online and can't find it anywhere....
pls lemme know if you have a copy
thanks

oink

Edited by - whitewatersky on 07/06/2016 10:27:01 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Swervedriver Discussion Forums © swervedriver Go To Top Of Page
thispagewasswervedrivenin0.14seconds. Snitz Forums 2000