USA
503 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  11:45:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anything? Bueller?

chris

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  12:02:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151372195085465&set=a.10150142158700465.321888.26122790464&type=1&theater

http://www.last.fm/user/pinky_blue
Go to Top of Page

Snail
Driving Instructor

Australia
926 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  2:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin Shields on new one:
"It's not going to sound like Loveless where it's like looking into another world," he said "More like Isn't Anything, where it seems to be of this world, but with one foot in another world. The songs on Loveless had more in common with folk-blues music to me, just a verse and an instrumental passage, circular. The new songs are more... sometimes it's just that, and sometimes it's songs that have one verse, then a musical part, then something that's totally different. More elongated... and more raw. A lot of the guitars are very aggressive."

(from their website - http://www.tohereknowswhen.org/news/index.html)

"Whatever happens your toes are still tappen"
Go to Top of Page

mike1174
Assistant Driver

213 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  3:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im hoping For sure something this year:

SWD tour, probably limited cities, with new albumn
New BOM albumn

One can hope! :)

Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  3:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im so thankful that you kind folks update the forum. Im not on FB, but I can see the SWD page. I check swervedriver.com everyday for news and chat with fellow Swervies. Never Lose That Feeling!
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  07:46:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that's interesting. Thanks for posting that facebook link. Hopefully something happens this year. As I've been saying, if MBV releases a new record before SWD, I think the world might indeed end.
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  08:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anything going on this year? I saw a pic somewhere (I think Facebook, but I don't use it so I don't remember) of Adam recording something with an acoustic guitar. Any official news on anything?
Go to Top of Page

chris

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  09:27:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I predict BIG things this year.

Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  10:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris. Is that a 'I know some inside info, but I can't reveal' or a 'my guess is something big, but it's just a guess.'
Go to Top of Page

mike1174
Assistant Driver

213 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2013 :  08:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like there is BOM news on the new adamfranklin.com website, new album in the summer!
Go to Top of Page

visionaryhead
Assistant Driver

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2013 :  10:21:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news! Been listening to BOM alot recently... even more than I usually do - hope there's some US dates to coincide!
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2013 :  05:28:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent.
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  06:11:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also noticed Adam switched labels for this upcoming album.
Go to Top of Page

mike1174
Assistant Driver

213 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  3:49:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I noticed that too, they have a website and it looks like a new single may arrive soon:

http://www.goodnightrecords.com/tour/

:)
Go to Top of Page

specialk
Swervelette

36 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  4:23:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
split with heaven is a remix... but pleasant all the same. with some digging found... https://soundcloud.com/goodnightrecords/sets/goodnight-records-mix/ this was somewhere before? seems like i've heard it on a radio show or somewhere. anyways, happy to hear a new album is on the way and top notch artwork again. please let there be vinyl version!
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  08:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know if anyone saw this but Adam is touring next month as a sit in guitarist.

"Adam will be playing some shows next month as guitarist in the new project of ex-Mercury Rev singer David Baker, Variety Lights. Check out the dates here." (www.adamfranklin.com)

Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  08:46:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First MBV with a new record and now Medicine? Please...can we add SWD to that list.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/04/los-angeles-shoegaze-veterans-medicine-reunite-for-album-stream-new-track/
Go to Top of Page

sharchi
Swervelette

Australia
28 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  7:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit sharchi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From Goodnight Records site: A fourth Adam Franklin & Bolts of Melody album I Used To Live For Music is in the works (Adamís band having taken on the name of the first album) whilst new Swervedriver material has also been mooted.
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2013 :  04:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah. Unfortunatelty, the 'mooted' idea/comment has been kicking around since the intial 2008 reunion. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but I mean Medicine, MBV, Bowie, lol!? Everyone is coming out with new stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2013 :  2:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Medicine is great. I never thought Id see the original lineup back again, very nice news. And no worries on new SWD album, they always come through! And we gots this to look forward too. 2013 should be a sonic summer!

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2013 :  4:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Wow - I'm stoked that the new Medicine track sounds so awesome! very cool news

I also can't wait for the new AF and SWD!!!

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

www.myspace.com/blueshiftkc

http://blueshift-kc.bandcamp.com/
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  05:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's impossible to find anything on Medicine. Good luck typing "medicine' into google lol. Has anyone heard anything about them doing a tour to support the new album? I hope they do. There's also been talk about some US shows for MBV later this year but we'll see about that.

Rocket, did you hear something about a new SWD album or are just hoping they release something?
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  06:47:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mpavlic08

It's impossible to find anything on Medicine. Good luck typing "medicine' into google lol. Has anyone heard anything about them doing a tour to support the new album? I hope they do. There's also been talk about some US shows for MBV later this year but we'll see about that.

Rocket, did you hear something about a new SWD album or are just hoping they release something?

LOL Yes you search Youtube and get Bon Jovi Bad Medicine. I always type Laner when I look up Medicine. They have a link on wiki page to an old website that has videos and mp3s from various eps. I checked it but there was no news on the new album. I asume Facebook has something, no?
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  08:00:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The facebook page I saw this week (can't remember if it was official or not, but I think it was) just had one post about the new album and how it was not an April fool's joke. Something to the effect of, 'we're too obscure of a band to be that stupid.'
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  10:03:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just emailed the label releasing the new Medicine album..

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 1:01 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Medicine LP

Brad is considering some options. It is not ruled out or set in stone

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Mpavlic wrote:
Rian-

I recently read that Medicine would be releasing a new
album in August. Is there a tour planned in support of the new album?
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2013 :  2:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well 2013 brings the 20th anny of Mezcal, and I 1st saw SWD and Medicine on Mezcal tour, back in Jan of 1994. Wishful thinking on my part, but a SWD/Medicine tour this summer would be just what the doc ordered. Brings it back full circle, rt??
Go to Top of Page

jamesg

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2013 :  08:05:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone notice the Adam SY-candle cover on soundcloud?
Go to Top of Page

mike1174
Assistant Driver

213 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2013 :  08:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a search on soundcloud & did not see anything, what profile is it under? Can you post a link?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

jamesg

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2013 :  09:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://soundcloud.com/adam-franklin

Hope its not something that's supposed to be flying under the radar!
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2013 :  3:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He has some nice tunes on that page. Great cover of Candle!
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  5:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JIMMY! http://soundcloud.com/jimhart123

STEVE! http://soundcloud.com/meringuefish

Go to Top of Page

scihiflyer
Passenger

55 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2013 :  2:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't wait for the day I come to this site and see a new SWD album cover on the home page.
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  07:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping. Maybe we'll get a surprise 'here's the album.' You never know. Although, I never understood/understand the whole let's not say anything and just release it philosophy. I get a guy like David Bowie doing it with his recent album, because let's be serious, it's going to sell. With bands like SWD, if they were going to release something definitively, you'd think you'd want some press. Medicine is releasing an album in August, and I think they might be on even footing popularity wise with SWD and they wanted to announce it to make sure people know about it. Just my 2 cents.
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  6:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My local rock radio has been playing God is Dead, every hour on the hour. Its almost 9mins. I cranked it and instinctively raised my arms to the beat. Great tune.
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  05:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wow. Great year for releases. I can't stop listening to the Ghost album.

Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  06:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
God is Dead, is that the new Sabbath album? The way Bill Ward got forced out, or not given a fair contract, completely turned me off to that album coming out. Ozzy is such a cartoon character and hasn't put out a good record since Ozzmosis.
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  07:42:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sabbath, yes. Ozzy is a living legend, nothing will change that. Dont know the whole story on Bill. Always gets messy with lawyers. From what I read, I thought it was handled with care and respect to him. Album is called "13" and drops June 11.
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  08:05:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to be crazy about Ozzy. Randy Rhoads was one of the reasons I started playing guitar. I also used to collect every bootleg I could find of Ozzy back when people still traded cassette and VHS bootlets lol. It just got to the point where he turned into a joke. I get marketing yourself but he became this parody of himself. I get it...you are the iron man, you're 'crazy.' Don't get me started on his wife. The old Sabbath records exlcuding Technical Ecstasy are awesome and all of the Ozzmosis and earlier records are great (leaving out maybe speak of the devil and live zakk wylde record with 6 songs). But he's just a joke and has been since "The Osbournes' came on TV. Obviously I don't know the details of why Ward didn't play. He said something about 'if i get offered an acceptable contract I'd play.' Without knowing the facts, I know one thing, if they didn't split the money 4 ways, he got screwed.
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  09:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can understand all you say. I do belive Sharon is the reason he is here with us, thanks. She manages bands and talks a lot, but thats all I can say bout her. And as for Ozzy, well the Stranger from the Big Lewboski puts it best, and this is how I think about him..

"Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there."

Ozzy is the icon of heavy rock worldwide. I cant think of anyone else whos been around since rock was born, he cant help but be famous. James Patrick Page and Alice come to mind also. But Ozzy NEVER stopped. "I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there." The Madman. LOL Ive just recently goten into the original Sabbath albums over the past 2 years, thanks to a coworker. So its kinda new to me still, excited about a new album. I first heard Ozzy in the 3rd grade. Got all the solo stuff, everthing up to Bark at the Moon at least. And when I bought that I didnt even know who Randy and Zyakk were. At the time I thought Speak of the Devil was solo too! Ozzy, Maiden, and AC/DC. Then metal bands started looking like girls, and I admit to buying some of that crap. But it all changed when I heard Megadeth. "Aw. I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell."
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  10:26:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"do you have to use so many cuss words?"

All kidding aside. The original Sabbath stuff is great. The debut album, Vol 4, are some of my favorites. As far as solo stuff goes...Blizzard of Ozz, Diary, and Tribute are must haves. No Rest for the Wicked has some cool tunes on it, but some filler as well. No More Tears is thought of as the best Zakk era CD, but I like Ozzmosis. Also, don't over look Jake E. Lee..there is some MONSTER playing on Ultimate Sin. As someone who at one point could play literally every Ozzy song on guitar, Jake E. Lee era material is the hardest to play IMO. The rest I can take or leave it.
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  11:23:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mpavlic08

"do you have to use so many cuss words?"

All kidding aside. The original Sabbath stuff is great. The debut album, Vol 4, are some of my favorites. As far as solo stuff goes...Blizzard of Ozz, Diary, and Tribute are must haves. No Rest for the Wicked has some cool tunes on it, but some filler as well. No More Tears is thought of as the best Zakk era CD, but I like Ozzmosis. Also, don't over look Jake E. Lee..there is some MONSTER playing on Ultimate Sin. As someone who at one point could play literally every Ozzy song on guitar, Jake E. Lee era material is the hardest to play IMO. The rest I can take or leave it.

Im a meathead, I ment Jake E. Lee in my last post, not Zakk. Came in on Bark, guy is awesome. I cant play/shread like that. I know you didnt care for Speak, and neither does Ozzy, but I love that album. It was the first time I ever heard the BS material, Brad Gills from Night Ranger did an excellent job on guitar for that, he and the band pumped a lot of different energy to those songs. And I did get Tribute when it came out. Glad they put the Dee outakes on there, nice way to close it.
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  11:36:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speak is ok. The band doesn't sound bad per se, it's just, I grew up on the original Sabbath records, so when I hear Gillis wank the whammy bar on every song, I just get turned off. He's a good player, no doubt, he just doesn't fit the songs. But if you like it, more power to you. Speak of the Devil was supposed to be Randy, but he obviously died before they put it out. The story goes that the Ozzy camp decided out of respect to not release any live Randy material until later when they released Tribute. Randy is/was my favorite of the 3 but Jake's stuff is by far the hardest to play and he gets such little love from musicians/fans.
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  11:47:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL Whammy Wanking. Its all Eddie Van Halen's fault! Did "God is Dead" do anything for you? I like it, sounds like Butler wrote the lyrics for it.
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  11:53:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be honest. I haven't listened to it yet. I can't stand when bands reuinte and for some petty reason all of the original memebers aren't involved. To me, it's not Sabbath. Tony, Bill, Geezer, and Ozzy are Sabbath, not Tony, Geezer, and Ozzy. It's the same thing with Van Halen. I don't care how good he is at backing vocals, Wolfgang is not Michael Anthony. Just get over yourselves (the bands, not you).
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  3:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
God is Dead is exactly as good as you'd think it would be.

Now, go buy the Ghost album.
Go to Top of Page

chris

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  07:51:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by specialk

split with heaven is a remix... but pleasant all the same. with some digging found... https://soundcloud.com/goodnightrecords/sets/goodnight-records-mix/ this was somewhere before? seems like i've heard it on a radio show or somewhere. anyways, happy to hear a new album is on the way and top notch artwork again. please let there be vinyl version!

A video was posted for this song yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYlClXYt6GU&list=UUhCDNXr_7WGYGcVsk6JuboQ&index=5

Edited by - chris on 05/15/2013 07:54:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

scihiflyer
Passenger

55 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2013 :  9:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They should have gotten Graham Bonnar to play drumes on the new Sabbath album once Bill Ward dropped out. That woulda been cool!
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2013 :  08:38:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Graham. I know this is off topic, but I've been listening to Methodrone every day for the past few weeks. Anyone else into that album?
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2013 :  9:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dude - Methodrone is at least in my top 10 albums of all time. I love that album!

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

www.myspace.com/blueshiftkc

http://blueshift-kc.bandcamp.com/
Go to Top of Page

mpavlic08
Driving Instructor

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2013 :  03:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been trying to get into other albums by BJM. They are all so different. Santanic Majesty is good. Can you recommend any albums by BJM that are in the same style as Methidrone?
Go to Top of Page

Tangles
Passenger

Australia
55 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  08:12:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drones & Clones.

http://adamfranklin.bandcamp.com/album/drones-clones-10-songs-no-words
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic