Bob Dylan Wants You!

Guestbook Bob Dylan Wants You!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    love child
    Participant

Bob Dylan quotes from NME (I think). I found them in two articles on http://www.ultimate-guitar.com

“I know there are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviours of rock’n’roll and all that, but they are amateurs.

“They don’t know where the music comes from,” he wrote, adding, “I wouldn’t even think about playing music if I was born in these times… I’d probably turn to something like mathematics. That would interest me. Architecture would interest me. Something like that.”

At first, this discouraged me, but then I thought it was like a call from Bob for people like us to form bands and write music, or just spread the good music that is overshadowed by the commercial shit. I’m pretty sure most people here feel the same way about popular music.

Another one:

He explains that he felt nothing in common with a generation that ordained him their voice. “The world was absurd…I had very little in common with and knew even less about a generation that I was supposed to be the voice of,” he said.

I like this because I’ve been having some very negative thoughts about the world and it’s like, someone has been there before and was still able to do something great.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.