Future Ruins tour

Guestbook Future Ruins tour

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    chris
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’ve not been on much as I didn’t have access to a computer and I don’t much like typing on a phone.

In addition to the dates with Failure that Brad has posted, there are some UK dates in May:

View this post on Instagram

Swervedriver UK tour dates May 2019

A post shared by Swervedriver (@swervedriverofficial) on

The Future Ruins tour kicked off last night in London, with a short set opening for The Dandy Warhols in Brixton.

Setlist is here:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/swervedriver/2019/o2-academy-brixton-london-england-6b95d626.html

A video I took of Mary Winter is here:

Cheers

boomer0127
    Keymaster

thanks for the update chris! hopefully we’ll have a longer set on the co-headline tour with Failure…

aaaron
    Keymaster

Happy to see this, though I’m hoping it’ll be more like a co-headlining tour rather than just a 40 minute opening set. I bought 2 tix for the Portland show yesterday and am excited to see these songs live!

whitewatersky
    Participant

yeeehawww. thanks for the vid.  hoping to hear about Aussie dates – don’t wanna wait TOOOO long !

boomer0127
    Keymaster

Failure just posted a few additional dates – will SWD be joining them at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, NJ on 3/30? Oh please oh please say yes! Stone Pony only shows Failure :{

boomer0127
    Keymaster

Failure said “yup” when i asked on their instaface page. Can i get a confirmation since the Stone Pony still says Failure only.

zed
    Participant
    mike1174
    Participant

Here is the setlist, not in order,  from swd tonight at Dallas. They opened up. I was glad they did I rather see them earlier than later but they should never play opening in my opinion….I know Adam is very gracious BUT…

Mary winter

lonley crowd fades

future ruins

mm abuction

setting sun

sunset

For a day like tomorrow

drone lover

Spiked flower

why say yeah

duel

slosh
    Participant

Thanks for posting the setlist from the Dallas show.  It was a good show, of course, but I was frustrated by the fact that they are an opener and played an opener set.  That was compounded somewhat by what appeared to be some pedalboard issues with Adam’s rig which may or may not have delayed their start time.  I can’t imagine what it was since I think he pretty much daisy chains them on the floor, but I may be completely mistaken about all that.  Anyway, I’d obviously rather see them play a full set rather than perform as an opener.

The good news is I’ve never seen them in a venue like HOB before and it was the first time I’ve really felt immersed in a lot of the psychedelia and pedal noises that they do.  Future Ruins was especially mindblowing.  So kudos to whoever was mixing in that regard.  I don’t think you’ll ever get a perfect sound to a Swervedriver show simply because the guitar interplay is always switching focuses and it’s tough to get that balance between the two unless you’re riding faders and know the songs, but it was still a pretty good sound overall last night.  Why Say Yeah was also a pleasant surprise.

mike1174
    Participant

Yes by having them open you miss out on the encore was well

never the less I’m still very happy I get to see them live again.

I thought all the new songs sounded great live

mike1174
    Participant

So I went a 2 day swd (& drinking) binge… saw them again in in Houston tonight

I was pleasantly surprised with a couple different tracks in tonight’s set list, not in order

mary winter

lonley crowd fades

futue ruins

never loose that feeling

sunset

Malestrom

For a day like tomorrow

Setting sun

Drone lover

Spiked flower

MM abduction

Duel

sunset

why say yeah

jacethecrowl
    Participant

Are the bands alternating nights as openers/headliners? I hope to get more SWD in L.A., including “Theeascending”…

flexmyhead
    Participant

I’m so stoked to see them tomorrow in Orlando, but at the same time gutted they are opening for what appears to be a Nirvana/grunge type band.

Can’t wait to hear the new songs with their mellow MBV & Teenage Fan Club ish riffs with the unmistakable guitar swirl that is Swervedriver. Having an old song or two is a treat.

I have an extra ticket if anyone in Orlando hasn’t gotten one or needs one minus all the bullshit added on charges

flexmyhead
    Participant

Saw them in Orlando last night, below is a set list.

Got to venue for last song of opening band, no opinion on them as I didn’t really get to listen to them. Venue was an old-time theater that had the seats removed, so there was also an upstairs balcony and a high stage etc. I’d guess the venue was about 20% full (if that) at it’s highest point. There was a lot of room to move around. Not sure if it was because this was a Tues or the door price ($30 but when bought online was closer to $50), if because this is not a venue that typically has alternative bands, show was not promoted or what. It was nice to be able to move around freely, but have to wonder if everyone who would have gone was made aware. I myself drove from 2 hours away. Anyway, I was surprised about the turn out, hopefully it didn’t impact Swervedriver (I bought a shit ton of merch myself)

Was fairly easy to get up front for Swervedriver, so I stood directly in front of Adam and his Vox amp. I think that I most likely could have heard a more even mix standing slightly farther back, but I didn’t want to hear the songs played evenly/mixed perfect like the LPs, I wanted to feel the guitar lines ear-fuck me and every time Adam mashed on a pedal, my ears felt it and it was great! As you can see, the set list heavily favored their brand new LP which makes perfect sense as this tour I’m sure was predicated on them letting fans know they had a new record out. The band came out and just started the rock. Adam made a quick comment about Dick Dale passing before he surf-guitar slid into “99th dream”, then made another comment after another song, but didn’t really speak or address the crowd or talk about the new release songs etc. I didn’t know if that is just his stage persona or if they were on a strict time line. So when the band started up with “Duel” I got nervous because I thought “Oh fuck, I hope this doesn’t mean this is the last song” but sure enough it was, the last notes rang out and the band was off the stage, obviously too early for me, but well worth the price to get in. One thing that I don’t get (or ever get) is that there was a 30m+ wait time for the next band after all gear had been broken down/set up. I get a band decides what a good amount of songs is, but why not just push back the start time so that there is like 15m cause just sitting there thinking about the songs that could have gotten played is a bit sad. Anyway, I was super stoked that the tour came to Florida, hearing the new songs fleshed out and live and powerful was great (“Future Ruins” and “Good Times” sounded better/fuller/thicker than on the LP) and I hope that I’m fortunate enough to see Swervedriver live again.

I only heard the first song of Failure and wasn’t feeling it, so left. It was interesting though as just based on merch people had in their hands and the snippets of conversations overheard, it seemed like there were people just as passionate and excited to see Failure as I was too see Swervedriver, which just baffles me.

Oh, I also spoke with someone who said they flew from Miami to New Orleans and then came down to Orlando just too see Swervedriver, a true fan!

S

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  flexmyhead.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  flexmyhead.
    chris
    Participant

Its nice to see they are mixing up the setlist a bit. It seems like a while since anything from 99th Dream has been played live.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.