Magnetic Morning (and me!) this Friday in DC!

Guestbook Magnetic Morning (and me!) this Friday in DC!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Thomasgek
    Participant

Hey! I think I was on here as hurricaneE, but, if I was, my account info has disappeared into the ether. Anyway, t[font=Arialhis is kinda self serving, as I’m on the bill, but Adam and MM are coming to DC this Friday (10/17) and figure everyone in DC (and within a drivable distance) would want to know. My band, the Jet Age, is going on at 9. You can listen to our most recent record at http://www.thejetage.net/ecard (if you don’t have a lot of time, skip to track 4 and let ‘er rip–figuratively, please) and people have had this to say about us:

“[A] heart-pounding rocker … all of the riffs are stellar.” Pitchfork (8.0)

“[T]he Jet Age have crafted a concept album that would make Pete Townshend smash his guitar in a jealous rage. What Did You Do During the War, Daddy? is a scathing polemic on the current state of affairs in American politics, but more importantly, it’s punky power-pop, loaded with energy, aggression, tons of melody, and not an ounce of fat.” The Portland Mercury (pick for the week)

“[T]he Jet Age manages to mix the hyper jangle of the Wedding Present with the cruise-control melodies of Swervedriver and the heaven-scraping majesty of the Who circa 1970. There’s a clear, pure voice and vision in the midst of that mess of hero worship.” The Onion (Austin), recommended

“The Jet Age are an incredible power trio who play with the same kind of revolutionary angst that made bands like The Replacements and The Wipers so powerful in their day.” The Run-Off Groove

“Compelling in its convictions and streamlined in its storytelling, What Did You Do is just the sort of album Ted Leo ought to be making.” Pitchfork (Forkcast)

“Churning up the sophisticated punk of The Minutemen and Husker Du, the slacker cool of Dinosaur Jr, the sweaty R&B of The Who and the shoegazing guitar dynamics of Swervedriver the Jet Age produce a powerful concoction that’ll fracture your eardrums.” The Devil Has the Best Tuna

Thanks and I hope I see y’all there! -Eric

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.