things I learned while on tour with real bands

Guestbook things I learned while on tour with real bands

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bradsears
    Keymaster

Hi everybody. I just got back from three weeks on the road with Face To face, My Chemical Romance, and Seconds to Go (my brother’s band) and I learned a few things:

– girls love bands and will show boobs on the highway for a van with a trailer
    – even the opening band that nobody has ever heard of gets groupies/giving fans
    – people will bend over backwards to help bands such as giving up their beds, taking time off work to sightsee, giving all food and drink
    – my chemical romance is a very cool band and give awesome performances night after night; they work on songs all the time and treat their *devoted* fans with respect
    – house of blues are the best venues to play at because they run a pro operation and feed the bands well
    – honourable mention to slims in san fran for a class act
    – some kids will come in and ask the merch people “who is the cool band” and buy shirts without knowing anything about the music
    – in las vegas sex grows on trees and in shrubs, other than that it is a money magnet
    – venues take up to 20% of the sale of shirts and other merch, they often make you count in and out
    – taking a cut of cd sales is illegal but some still try to do it
    – part of being a merch dude is keeping two lists and baffling the count in/out process
    – opening bands raid (and live off of) the remaining rider food and drinks from the bigger bands dressing rooms
    – Idaho wand Wyoming smell like poop
    – tumbleweeds are real and actually tumble
    – when you set up your equipment behind another band’s equipment it is called backlining
    – some bands refuse to do sound checks since it is not real rock’n’roll
    – the uniform of the average punk rock lover consists of a studded belt (this is a must), rock shirt, ear hole stretching earrings and converse or boots
    – you can’t party much unless you have a bus; the van trailer combo means you have to drive to the next venue almost immediately after the show
    – sleeping on the beach is wet and not bad
    – sleeping on pavement can be done and is better than the van
    – sleeping on floors is fine
    – you can sleep 9 people in a super 8 by just pulling mattresses off the beds
    – pabst blue ribbon (aka pbr) is junior America’s favorite beer but it lies about being 5.9%
    – average breast size gets bigger the more you go toward L.A.
    – there is always something to complain about concerning the on stage monitors
    – equipment breaks all the time, even new stuff

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.