Whats the story of your evolution in musical taste

Guestbook Whats the story of your evolution in musical taste

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    penelope
    Participant

I was thinking about this the other day after someone asked me “where did you find out about all of these bands you listen to?”

Id have to go back to the late eighties and early ninties when I was in high school. I started out listening to top 40. Embarassing I know, but who wasnt lame in high school? Anyway, this headbanger buddy of mine had AIC’s Facelift jamming nonstop in his car while we were combing the local scene for female companionship. I really liked it. From there it went on to a few other grunge/metal bands. Then Helmet released Meantime. It was all over after that. MTV actually played the video for Unsung and thats how I found them. Amazing how much has changed in the last 15 years. After that I started getting into industrial; Ministry, NIN, KMFDM, Front 242….the list goes on. Eventually I went to a Helmet show in Tampa my senior year and watched The Jesus Lizard open for them. Again, another band that really defined my musical tatse today. Punk started to make its way back around the same time. After high school I joined the Navy. While in follow on training after boot camp, I ran across a copy of Mezcal Head in a record store. I think you know the rest of the story from there. As the years have gone by Ive found a ton of cool bands but it was really Swervedriver and Helmet that put it all togehter for me and I love those bands unconditionally.

So whats your story?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.