Forum Replies Created

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: SWD Videos? #1101668
    Steve F.
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by boomer0127

    A&M exec: “What this video needs are more motorcycles. You know, swerving and driving and stuff.”
    Swervedriver: “Ummmmm. Are you sure?”
    A&M exec: “Definitely more motorcycles.”
    Swervedriver: <sigh>


    thats gold :)

    in reply to: SWD Videos? #1140330
    Steve F.
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by boomer0127

    A&M exec: “What this video needs are more motorcycles. You know, swerving and driving and stuff.”
    Swervedriver: “Ummmmm. Are you sure?”
    A&M exec: “Definitely more motorcycles.”
    Swervedriver: <sigh>


    thats gold :)

    in reply to: Bands you’ve seen that are good or suck #1140329
    Steve F.
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by crozarey

    quote:


    Originally posted by Swerve

    Swervedriver 6 times (Adelaide 3, Sydney 2 both nights,wow what a show, I think thats Jez’s top show of all time, so he says, the other show in Camben, London)

    Man thats unreal, wish i was quicker off the mark to take advantage of this![:p]

    Saw an amazing new years show with Chemical Brothers, Underworld, Leftfied and Prodigy – London Late ’90’s

    And this is nuts!!!! I would be on cloud 9 to see the first 3 bands here….. I hate living in the middle of nowhere!![:(]



    Them were the times!, 95-99 was the best time for me, 3 of the 6 SWD concerts were in ’95 for the promotion of Mescalhead, Thats when SWD finally got to AUS for the 1st time,the 2 Sydney shows were a full house and to this date the best 2 consecutive nights of my life :)

    (SWD were very much impressed about how much we were impressed to see them play for us)

    They outdid themselves and played 2 or maybe 3 encores, think it was 2..

    in reply to: Bands you’ve seen that are good or suck #1101667
    Steve F.
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by crozarey

    quote:


    Originally posted by Swerve

    Swervedriver 6 times (Adelaide 3, Sydney 2 both nights,wow what a show, I think thats Jez’s top show of all time, so he says, the other show in Camben, London)

    Man thats unreal, wish i was quicker off the mark to take advantage of this![:p]

    Saw an amazing new years show with Chemical Brothers, Underworld, Leftfied and Prodigy – London Late ’90’s

    And this is nuts!!!! I would be on cloud 9 to see the first 3 bands here….. I hate living in the middle of nowhere!![:(]



    Them were the times!, 95-99 was the best time for me, 3 of the 6 SWD concerts were in ’95 for the promotion of Mescalhead, Thats when SWD finally got to AUS for the 1st time,the 2 Sydney shows were a full house and to this date the best 2 consecutive nights of my life :)

    (SWD were very much impressed about how much we were impressed to see them play for us)

    They outdid themselves and played 2 or maybe 3 encores, think it was 2..

    in reply to: Bands you’ve seen that are good or suck #1140275
    Steve F.
    Participant

    Swervedriver 6 times (Adelaide 3, Sydney 2 both nights,wow what a show, I think thats Jez’s top show of all time, so he says, the other show in Camben, London)

    Now i was a big metal fan in the ’80’s among other things soo

    Metallica
    Slayer
    Morbid Angel
    Ministry
    Godflesh
    Megadeth

    Others are

    Ride
    Suede
    Janes Addiction
    Pumkins
    Sound garden
    Nirvana (sydney – same venue as the SWD concerts)
    Dinosaur Jr
    J mascis
    Manic Street Preachers
    Sonic Youth
    Weezer

    Too many to list atm

    Festivals:

    Big day out – too many of them since ’92
    Reading Festival – 2 times ’96, ’97
    Pheonix Festival. ’96
    some crazy little smaller rave shows i forget the names.

    Saw an amazing new years show with Chemical Brothers, Underworld, Leftfied and Prodigy – London Late ’90’s

    I add some more as they come to me.

    in reply to: Bands you’ve seen that are good or suck #1101613
    Steve F.
    Participant

    Swervedriver 6 times (Adelaide 3, Sydney 2 both nights,wow what a show, I think thats Jez’s top show of all time, so he says, the other show in Camben, London)

    Now i was a big metal fan in the ’80’s among other things soo

    Metallica
    Slayer
    Morbid Angel
    Ministry
    Godflesh
    Megadeth

    Others are

    Ride
    Suede
    Janes Addiction
    Pumkins
    Sound garden
    Nirvana (sydney – same venue as the SWD concerts)
    Dinosaur Jr
    J mascis
    Manic Street Preachers
    Sonic Youth
    Weezer

    Too many to list atm

    Festivals:

    Big day out – too many of them since ’92
    Reading Festival – 2 times ’96, ’97
    Pheonix Festival. ’96
    some crazy little smaller rave shows i forget the names.

    Saw an amazing new years show with Chemical Brothers, Underworld, Leftfied and Prodigy – London Late ’90’s

    I add some more as they come to me.

    in reply to: SWD Videos? #1140273
    Steve F.
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by interloper

    quote:


    Originally posted by Swerve

    Only one I have on my Com is Duel
    All the others are on tape, way before I owned a computer :)

    Interloper was/is “the man” on STG for swervie goods, im sure hes the same here!


    I’ve got more that can go up, but since all the upgrades to stg, it takes forever for the pages to load for me.


    How did ya come accross so many recordings Interloper?, trading?

    I think I have downloaded 18-20 sets from STG
    Man there is still hours of pleasure to be had from those, and I can honestly say I havent listened to this my SWD since ’91-94, God I used to sit in my car for hrs at night listening to raise, trying to to pick up new tweaks and sounds only night listening over a quick spliff can hear :)

    fantastic!

    in reply to: SWD Videos? #1101611
    Steve F.
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by interloper

    quote:


    Originally posted by Swerve

    Only one I have on my Com is Duel
    All the others are on tape, way before I owned a computer :)

    Interloper was/is “the man” on STG for swervie goods, im sure hes the same here!


    I’ve got more that can go up, but since all the upgrades to stg, it takes forever for the pages to load for me.


    How did ya come accross so many recordings Interloper?, trading?

    I think I have downloaded 18-20 sets from STG
    Man there is still hours of pleasure to be had from those, and I can honestly say I havent listened to this my SWD since ’91-94, God I used to sit in my car for hrs at night listening to raise, trying to to pick up new tweaks and sounds only night listening over a quick spliff can hear :)

    fantastic!

    in reply to: ‘Morning Swervie fanzanites #1101610
    Steve F.
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by crozarey

    if its been on the ABC then surely it still is in their archive of video clips.
    Id say that being the guest programmer on rage would be a perfect nights work.
    Id turn down an invite to Hugh’s 80 birthday to do that.

    But if theres a SWD video here in oz why dont you guys have it also? Why doesnt Brad? The band?

    Good to hear from ya Swerve, keep it up.


    From what I remember there was times in ’91-92 when it was played weekly for months on end
    tracks :
    Mustang ford
    SandBlasted
    Rave down

    Then soon after I caught the likes of Never lose that feeling, kinda more contemporary to the old more pshyicadelic style with swirling lights etc. they looking cleaner cut + more money had gone into the filmclip, I remember a lot of water in that filmclip :P

    But yah ABC has to have them in archive somewhere, late ’97 they were replayed from a guest programmer, dont remember the name of the dude thou..

    in reply to: ‘Morning Swervie fanzanites #1140272
    Steve F.
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by crozarey

    if its been on the ABC then surely it still is in their archive of video clips.
    Id say that being the guest programmer on rage would be a perfect nights work.
    Id turn down an invite to Hugh’s 80 birthday to do that.

    But if theres a SWD video here in oz why dont you guys have it also? Why doesnt Brad? The band?

    Good to hear from ya Swerve, keep it up.


    From what I remember there was times in ’91-92 when it was played weekly for months on end
    tracks :
    Mustang ford
    SandBlasted
    Rave down

    Then soon after I caught the likes of Never lose that feeling, kinda more contemporary to the old more pshyicadelic style with swirling lights etc. they looking cleaner cut + more money had gone into the filmclip, I remember a lot of water in that filmclip :P

    But yah ABC has to have them in archive somewhere, late ’97 they were replayed from a guest programmer, dont remember the name of the dude thou..

    in reply to: SWD Videos? #1140242
    Steve F.
    Participant

    Only one I have on my Com is Duel
    All the others are on tape, way before I owned a computer :)

    Interloper was/is “the man” on STG for swervie goods, im sure hes the same here!

    in reply to: SWD Videos? #1101580
    Steve F.
    Participant

    Only one I have on my Com is Duel
    All the others are on tape, way before I owned a computer :)

    Interloper was/is “the man” on STG for swervie goods, im sure hes the same here!

    in reply to: The Groove is back #1140211
    Steve F.
    Participant

    Finally!

    Hmm I thought they were redoing the site?, could have done with a new look :P

    in reply to: The Groove is back #1101549
    Steve F.
    Participant

    Finally!

    Hmm I thought they were redoing the site?, could have done with a new look :P

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)